No Products in the Cart
Julia Donaldson has written some of the world's best-loved children's books, including modern classics The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child, which together have sold over 17 million copies worldwide, and the hugely successful What the Ladybird Heard adventures.
This brand-new bag of books contains the following:
1. The Gruffalo: Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's The Gruffalo is an undisputed modern classic and has become a bestselling phenomenon across the world with over 13.5 million copies sold. This award-winning rhyming story of a mouse and a monster has found its way into the hearts and bedtimes of an entire generation of children and will undoubtedly continue to enchant children for years and years to come. No home should be without The Gruffalo!
2. The Gruffalo's Child: The Gruffalo's Child is the number one bestselling, much-loved sequel to the worldwide picture-book phenomenon that is The Gruffalo. Julia Donaldson's trademark rhyming text and Axel Scheffler's brilliant, characterful illustrations combine once more to ensure that the Gruffalo's Child has followed firmly in her father's footsteps and that her story is one that children will ask for again, and again... and again!
3. The Snail and the Whale: One little snail longs to see the world and hitches a lift on the tail of an enormous whale. Together they go on an amazing journey, past icebergs and volcanoes, sharks and penguins, and the little snail feels so small in the vastness of the world. But when disaster strikes and the whale is beached in a bay, it's the tiny snail's big plan that saves the day!
4. Room on the Broom: The witch and her cat fly happily over forests, rivers and mountains on their broomstick until a stormy wind blows away the witch's hat, bow and wand. Luckily, they are retrieved by a dog, a bird and a frog, who are all keen for a ride on the broom. It's a case of the more, the merrier, but the broomstick isn't used to such a heavy load and it's not long before... SNAP! It breaks in two! And with a greedy dragon looking for a snack, the witch's animal pals better think fast!
5. Monkey Puzzle: "I've lost my mum!" Where is Monkey's mummy? It's not too much fun being lost in the jungle, and little monkey wants his mum. Kindly, Butterfly is keen to help, but they don't seem to be having much luck and keep finding the wrong animals! But eventually, they find... Dad! It's just as well that he knows exactly where mum is, and she's waiting with a well-deserved cuddle. Monkey Puzzle is a clever, funny and charming tale from the unparalleled picture-book partnership of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, creators of The Gruffalo. This edition features the classic story with a stunning, redesigned cover and beautiful finish, making it a must-have addition to the bookshelves of all Donaldson and Scheffler fans – big and small!
6. Cave Baby: A hairy mammoth takes a cheeky little baby on a thrilling ride through a moonlit landscape populated by a sabre-toothed tiger, a leaping hare, a laughing hyena and even, just maybe, by a big brown bear... But where are they going? And what has it to do with the baby's scribblings on the cave wall?
7. The Paper Dolls: A string of paper dolls go on a fantastical adventure through the house and out into the garden. They soon escape the clutches of the toy dinosaur and the snapping jaws of the oven-glove crocodile, but then a very real pair of scissors threatens...
8. What the Ladybird Heard: Hefty Hugh and Lanky Len are two crafty robbers with a cunning plan to steal the farmer’s fine prize cow. But little do they know that the tiniest, quietest creature of all has overhead their plot, and she has a plan of her own... What the Ladybird Heard is a fantastically funny story from the stellar picture book partnership of Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks. With brilliant rhyming verse, bright distinctive illustrations and glitter on every page, this much-loved modern classic is perfect for reading aloud.
9. The Troll: The Troll longs for a goat - but has to make do with fish for supper instead. Meanwhile, Hank Chief and his pirate crew are digging for treasure - but it seems they've sailed to the wrong island. Again.
10. Tyrannosaurus Drip: Everyone knows that tyrannosauruses are big and scary, so when a placid duckbill dinosaur's egg ends up in the wrong nest, confusion is sure to ensue! When the baby dinosaur hatches out, he's so out of place that his grisly big sisters call him Tyrannosaurus Drip. Poor little Drip: all he wants is a quiet life munching on water weed...
Love this collection, it has all the best Julia Donaldson books in them. If you haven't tried the Julia Donaldson book I promise your little one will love it.
Great collection at a great price!
My kids really love the books - I highly recommend this series.
This is a lovely set of books. Received them today and my baby boy has gotten my daughter to read four of them to him already. They enjoyed Room on the broom the most thus far. Great value and highly recommend this set for little readers/ story time.
Excellent choice of titles. My boy loves Her books
My son loves them! Great set of books. Beautifully written and illustrated.