No Products in the Cart
People are drawn to making jewellery for several reasons: they may be eager to try out design ideas, they may enjoy constructing pieces or they may simply be keen to have a finished piece of their own making. Whatever the reason, the jeweller today is able to use a number of methods and work with a wide variety of interesting materials.
THE JEWELLERY MAKING MANUAL will advise the beginner on their tools and materials, showing how to make simple, but very effective, pieces with limited resources. All the basic techniques, many of which are thousands of years old, are clearly explained and illustrated, in addition to more advanced special techniques. As the beginner grows in experience and confidence, more complex and exciting pieces can be made, though often the techniques themselves remain simple. As skills are mastered, personal approaches and combinations of techniques can be developed.
* 300 illustrations, with more than 150 in full colour
* Clear, easy-to-follow descriptions of basic and advanced techniques
* Tips of the trade to help you achieve professional results
* Step-by-Step demonstrations
* Covers exciting new developments, using non-traditional materials
* Outlines and illustrates the principles of good design