DON’T LET YOUR FEAR OF FINANCE GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR SUCCESS
Can you prepare a breakeven analysis? Do you know the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet? Or understand why a business that’s profitable can still go belly-up? Has your grasp of your company’s numbers helped―or hurt―your career?
Whether you’re new to finance or you just need a refresher, this go-to guide will give you the tools and confidence you need to master the fundamentals, as all good managers must.
The HBR Guide to Finance Basics for Managers will help you:
- Learn the language of finance
- Compare your firm’s financials with rivals’
- Shift your team’s focus from revenues to profits
- Assess your vulnerability to industry downturns
- Use financial data to defend budget requests
- Invest smartly through cost/benefit analysis