No Products in the Cart
100 Facts Ancient Rome is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and awesome activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about the lives of ancient Romans.
- Simple quizzes to test your child's understanding of what they've learned.
- Photo-realistic artwork to ignite your child's imagination.
- 100 numbered facts allow your child to track their progress, and feel rewarded.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Ancient Rome includes key topics about ancient Rome in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children aged 6-10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Ancient Rome:
- Famous rulers, such as Julius Caesar, and their reigns.
- The great Roman Empire and its trade around the world.
- Society, education, law and daily family life.
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The Romans invented Valentine's Day, but called it Lupercalia. Boys picked a girl's name from a hat and she was their girlfriend for the year!
- Although the Romans liked bathing, they visited the baths only once every nine days.
- Some gladiators became so popular that people used to write graffiti about them on the walls of buildings around Rome!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
- Make a Roman toga out of a blanket or sheet.
- Quiz question: What is the name for a story told through dance and music without words?
- Ask an adult to help you make a pear souffle using the simple recipe in this book.