The classic handbook for practitioners, parents and caregivers.
In this new cover edition of Infant Massage, you'll discover the latest scientific research that confirms what parents have known for generations: massage benefits children - easing discomfort, releasing tension, helping premature infants gain weight, even helping asthmatic children improve breathing function. Follow each step of the massage process with simple instructions and delightful photographs demonstrating each stroke. This supportive guide includes:
- Helpful hints on dealing with crying and fussing
- Lullabies, rhymes and games, to enhance the massage experience
- Modified techniques for premature infants and babies with special needs
- A special chapter dedicated to fathers
- Compassionate advice for foster and adoptive parents
Written by the person credited with bringing baby massage to the West, this is the original and best guide to a practice that contributes to baby wellbeing and deepens the parent-child bond.